BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO: STATE-OF-THE-ART WINE CELLAR FOR SALE
Located a short distance away from the famous wine-city Montalcino this wonderful property is ideal for someone looking for both a wine estate and a hosting activity. With its high quality 7 apartment Agriturismo and its top quality cellar, the activity is well-established with a yearly production of 35/45.000 bottles of wine. The presence of a pool, a Jacuzzi, a gym and a sauna is the icing on this already excellent cake.
estate and Agriturismo.
For the services, the reference center is the nearby town of Montalcino (3km; 5’). Thanks to the short distance from the municipal road, the property is easily reached and consequently allows to rapidly reach the other cities of Tuscany: the papal Pienza (34km; 40’), the other wine-cradle Montepulciano (40km; 45’), the medieval Siena (43km; 55’), San Gimignano (88km; 1h 30’) with its impressive towers, the Etruscan Volterra (95km; 1h 45’) and the wonderful Renaissance city of Florence (119km; 2h).
And if you love the seaside, bear in mind that the Tuscan coastline is not far at all, with Follonica located no more than 70 km away (1h).
At the same time, the Monte Amiata, with all the beautiful villages on its slopes, is no farther than 40 km away (45’).
Useful airports to reach the property are Firenze Peretola (126km; 1h 50’), Pisa Galilei (208km; 2h 15’), Bologna Marconi (208km; 2h 40’), Roma Ciampino (221km; 2h 35’) and Roma Fiumicino (229km; 2h 35’).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The main building of the complex includes on the ground floor a beautiful restaurant fitted with kitchen and services and able to host up to 120 guests inside plus another 120 on the outside.
On the first floor of the building we can find instead 4 out of 7 apartments making up the Agriturismo.
- Apartment A (65 sqm – 699 sqft): living room (or dining room), kitchenette, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms with shower (one of them en-suite).
- Apartment B (33 sqm – 355 sqft): living room (or dining room) with fireplace, kitchenette, double bed and a bathroom.
- Apartment C (45 sqm – 484 sqft): living room (or dining room) with fireplace, kitchenette, double bedroom and bathroom with shower.
- Apartment D (45 sqm – 484 sqft): living room (or dining room) with kitchenette, double bedroom and bathroom with shower.
The other three apartments are split among two independent buildings. The first one lies onto two floors (apartment E and F), while the apartment G is made up of a single floor.
- Apartment E (50 sqm – 538 sqft): living room (or dining room) with kitchenette, double bedroom and bathroom with shower.
- Apartment F (50 sqm – 538 sqft): living room (or dining room) with kitchenette, double bedroom and bathroom with shower.
- Apartment G (30 sqm – 323 sqft): living room (or dining room), kitchenette, double bed, bathroom with shower and small private outdoor terrace.
Then, there is a great newly-built cellar equipped with an exhibit-room, two wine-tasting areas, an office/reception for the business and a grand total of 6 bathrooms.
For the clients of the Agriturismo there are a fully-equipped gym and a sauna.
Lastly, there are two garages for agricultural vehicles, a small warehouse and a meeting room (reserved for the activities linked to the hosting activity) equipped with a kitchen and 2 bathroom.
STATE AND FINISHES
The apartments are in great shape, both structural and aesthetic, and exhibit those characteristics typical to the building of the Tuscan countryside. Plastered walls on the inside are in contrast with the stone ones on the outside, exception made for some parts of the buildings which have been left with stone or bricks visible. Roofs are held by a wonderful system of wooden beams, while floors are tiled with terracotta or graniglia. Some of the apartments are embellished by floral decorations.
Windows allow a nice deal of light to enter the buildings, granting a good lighting and warming the rooms.
As a side note, fully functional stone fireplaces are located inside the buildings.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
- Vineyard surface: 6.6 ha
- Varieties: Sangiovese Grosso (97%), Cabernet-Sauvignon (3%)
- Year of construction (cellar): 2006
- Altitude: 450 – 520 m
- Density (stump/ha): 3,500 – 5,000
- Average yield (quintals/ha): 75
- Training: pruned-spur cordon-trained
- Harvesting: manual
- Yearly production: ca. 35,000 – 45,000 bottles
- Workers: 2 workers + 1 employee
- Maximum wine capacity: 1,700 hl
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG: 3,3012 ha
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC: 0,7530 ha
- Sant’Antimo Cabernet DOC: 0,1265 ha
- Sant’Antimo DOC: 0,1265 ha
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG: 100% Sangiovese Grosso
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC: 100% Sangiovese Grosso
- Rosso Toscano: Sangiovese Grosso, Cabernet-Sauvignon
For more offers please consult our web site www.real-estate-italy.com.
Properties in Tuscany
Tuscany is considered one of the nicest regions of Italy. Many Germans and British peopel have settled down here due to its mild climate, the beautiful landscapes and its historical and interesting culture. Have a look at our properties for sale in Tuscany; amongst them you’ll stumble upon breathtakingly spacious, newly renovated farmhouses, tiny, as well as bigger villas with phenomenal views, countryhouses with gardens or swimming pools, apartments, villas, village houses and wine estates. We will be happy to advise you in all aspects.
+49 (0)89 - 480 589 10
+49 (0)173 - 633 28 11
- knowledge of Italy and its property market
- many years of experience
- personal support
- exclusive objects
- accessible at any time